The club has a diverse range of training groups focused on helping members to achieve success in competitive paddlesport, and members train throughout the calendar year. We welcome complete beginners as well as those who may have paddled elsewhere and relocated to the Richmond area. There are structured groups in place from every level from total novice to elite international athlete to enable paddlers to progress.
At Richmond we are a predominately kayak racing club, and we offer an introduction to the sport through six week beginners courses throughout May- September. We also have a small but successful canoe section. It is possible to start canoeing all year round- there is no course for this but sessions can be arranged on ad adhoc basis.
- For details of learning to kayak at Richmond as an adult and the adult novice courses we run see the Novice page
- For details of learning to paddle for juniors (under 18s) see the Junior page
- For details of regular senior training see the Senior page
Video sessions may be organized during coaching sessions by arrangement with the club coaches. Individual or bespoke training may be arranged through the coaches, to help club members prepare for specific events or to further improve their paddling technique.
- We run a very busy schedule of sessions at the club. The master schedule is here on Google sheets: LINK | http://bit.ly/RCCschedule
- There is a private Facebook Richmond training group… Ask a fellow club member to include you if you’re not already in the group.
- Weight training schedule is here in printable PDF format: http://bit.ly/RCCwDiary
- Kayak technique tutorials here: richmondcanoeclub.com/kayak-technique/