Richmond Canoe Club has changed from keys to electronic key fobs. An electronic fob is now required to gain access to the building.
The benefits of moving to Fob entry are:
- Ensuring that only authorised members have access
- Lost or stolen fobs can be cancelled, making the canoe club more secure and safe
- When members leave the club access will be removed so only current members will have access
- Those who fail to pay their membership fees will have access suspended until such time as they do, helping to increase the revenue
The cost of purchasing a Fob is £20, (or £10 if you return the current key) this is non-returnable.
There will be someone on hand to take in the old keys and sell the new fobs at the following times:
- Wednesday 30 May – 4pm – 8.30pm
- Thursday 31 May – 5.30 – 7.30pm
- Saturday 2 June – 10am – 1pm
For those who train at unusual times, and not able to make these times to purchase a key, and need access during this week, please contact Richard Hendron, Ian Clark or Chris Gavin.
Please be patient during this transition which will be short lived, we will all gain a more secure clubhouse.