Just received this notice – please read if you are planning to go above Teddington lock…
Hampton Court Bridge to Steven’s Ait (this is “Tea Pot” by the way),
Saturday 16 March 2013 – 10.00 to 12.00
and 13.00 to 15.00
Kingston Head of the River Race
Directions for navigation and general information during this event:
From 10.00 to 12.00 and from 13.00 to 15.00 all those in charge of boats should comply with
the following general directions and with any special directions which may be given in
- · Boats cannot navigate anywhere on the River Thames downstream of Molesey Lock
between Hampton Court Bridge and a point two hundred and fifty metres
downstream of Steven’s Ait, Kingston except in the Surrey channel alongside
Thames Ditton Island.
- · Competitors will assemble downstream of Hampton Court Bridge about thirty minutes
before the start and then be despatched at intervals to race downstream along a
course which will pass on the Middlesex side of Thames Ditton Island, then on the
Surrey Side of Ravens Ait and on to the Middlesex side of Stevens Ait.
- · Casual mooring to the towpath or anchoring anywhere between Hampton Court
Bridge and Kingston Bridge and on the Middlesex side of Steven’s Ait is not
- · Mooring at all authorised public, commercial or domestic moorings is allowed
provided that all directions given by our Waterway Officers are followed.
- · All boats must be navigated in accordance with any instructions given from
Environment Agency control points or patrol launches.
- · Bathing or swimming is not allowed in the river between Hampton Court Bridge and
a point one hundred metres downstream of Steven’s Ait, Kingston during these
21 February 2013