- Time: 8:30am at RCC
- Return: 6pm (approx)
- Length: 12 miles approx
- Cost: £5pp
In contrast to our mostly leafy expeditions, this is a loop through London, starting at Victoria Park and taking in the entrance of the mighty Islington tunnel (non-motorised vessels not allowed…)
Usual stuff applies. Meet 8:30am at the club, car sharing and petrol costs (£5pp), bring a picnic and winter woollies (max temp prob not v warm).
It’s 12 miles and we may get a stop in at a canal side pub or coffee shop in Hackney. But bring usual picnic stuff too.
All emails to Andrew email@example.com if you’re keen to join this trip (I’m not able to join for this one). Importantly, let him know whether you’re willing and able to drive (roof bars, V bars etc). We need more drivers and V bars this season please if we can. Help is always v much appreciated. You’ll get petrol money, glory and possibly even cake.
We park up on Approach Road next to Victoria Park. E2 9LY area. Free parking on street (CPZ Mon-Fri only)
Driving route from club:
What do I need? NB Please bring your BCU membership card if you have one – ideally we need one per boat
- Paddling clothes.
- A change of clothes.
- A hat, cag and an extra dry layer or 2 – even if it promises to be warm (it doesn’t!) Lunch stop can feel chilly this time of year.
- Picnic lunch plus snacks and drink for the day. Remember, paddling makes you hungry and thirsty and it will be a long day,
- Coins unless you have a dry bag.
- Dry bag if you have one. If not, ask someone if they have space for your extra layer and sandwiches.
- Suntan lotion (hmm, you never know)
- Paddles and life-jacket.
If you require further information, please contact:
Andrew 07966 549 296
Jules 07712 009 503
Jim 07912 756 492