- Time: 7:30am at RCC
- Return: after 7pm
- Length: 14 miles (approx.)
- Cost: £12pp (plus any optional camping fees)
A leafy trip near the source of the Thames. Should be really pretty.
Usual stuff applies. Meet 7:30am at the club, car sharing and petrol/ parking costs (£12pp), bring a picnic, warm clothes and suncream.
Saturday Night Camping Option
As this is a longer drive (1hr 40mins), some of you might fancy camping on the Saturday night near Lechlade. Please let me know asap whether you’re keen to have a relaxed night under canvas and an evening in a Lechlade pub. It will depend on our transport options whether we can do this or not.
The trip is around 14 miles. We won’t make it all the way to Tadpole.
There might even be the chance of a (chilly) dip…
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re keen to join this trip. Importantly, let me know whether you’re willing and able to drive (roof bars, V bars etc). We need more drivers and V bars this season please if we can. Help is always v much appreciated. You’ll get petrol money, glory and possibly even cake.
This is a longer drive at around 1hr 40m. Driving route from club:
It looks like there is paid parking at Riverside Park – on the left hand side, before the bridge as you drive in towards Lechlade on the A361. Address is A361, Lechlade GL7 3AQ http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/carpark/riverside_park/gl7/lechlade/
What do I need:
NB Please bring your BCU membership card if you have one – ideally we need one per boat
- Paddling clothes.
- A change of clothes.
- A hat, cag and an extra dry layer or 2 – even if it promises to be warm, lunch stop can feel chilly
- Picnic lunch plus plenty of snacks and drink for the day.
- Coins unless you have a dry bag.
- Dry bag if you have one. If not, ask someone if they have space for your extra layer and sandwiches.
- Suntan lotion (you never know)
- Paddles and life-jacket.
Andrew 07966 549 296
Jules 07712 009 503
Jim 07912 756 492