Paddle Camps at Richmond Canoe Club are five day beginners’ kayak and canoe courses for children from aged 10 – 13.
- In July and August 2022, each week we will run a set of 2 courses of five sessions each, Monday-Friday
- Each course will consist of five 1.5-hour sessions
- Each course is limited to 20 participants; children will be led by a team of four coaches and four assistants
- Course sessions times will vary to coincide with the safest conditions on the Thames (no tidal flows)
- Please note that start times for Courses 8 and 12 vary through the week
- Price for a course is £140 per child for five sessions over a week
To book a place, complete the application form and pay using WebCollect.
- Courses are aimed for children aged 10-13 as an introduction to the sport. They are not suitable for children older or younger than this age range mainly because of equipment size (paddle lengths, boat sizes). Younger children may not be suitable because of water-safety considerations.
- Capsizing is a part of the sport (and part of the fun!) and is to be expected: while all children will wear buoyancy aids at all times, they must be comfortable in the water and able to swim at a basic level. For October taster sessions we will try an minimise any risk of capsizing but children must have a change of clothes just in case.
- If we have to cancel a session due to inclement weather, we will offer an alternative day during one of the following Paddle Camps
For more information please contact email@example.com